Program Type : Multiactive
Price : $1,290 / €980
(per person) Taxes included
Puerto Montt – Bandurrias Island – Bariloche
We can either organise your adventure so that it starts in the Argentinean or Chilean Patagonia. We don’t have frontiers.
What we offer here is just a suggestion of what you can do on your trip. If you would like to make any changes to the itinerary just get in touch with us and we can put together a tour tailor-made to suit you.
This wonderful journey will take us from Puerto Varas, Chile to the Puelo Valley crossing, later, to El Bolsón and driving to San Carlos de Bariloche, all across the Andes Mountains. In these two days, you will fall in love with these remote and charming places.
We believe that this experience is an ideal example of what can be done in the region. However, our idea is to adapt each proposal to the traveller’s specific needs. We are, therefore, willing to make all the necessary modifications and re quote it according to your interests.
Day 1: Puerto Montt – Bandurrias Island
This is the beginning of a journey that will take us straight to the mountains, from the airport* until we reach Las Rocas Lake, almost at the border with Argentina. We will cross the dense Valdivian jungle through the Reloncaví fjord coast and make a stop to visit the traditional village of Cochamó with its wooden church. Then we will continue driving until we get into the Puelo Valley. You will enjoy a picnic lunch at Lake Tagua Tagua before taking the ferry. After a short crossing, you will go further into the mountains. We will cross the village of Llanada Grande arriving at La Colina’s farm. We will walk for about an hour until we reach Las Rocas Lake. Short sail to Las Bandurrias Island. Upon arrival, a local guide will settle you in. Depending on your arrival time, a very special tea or a welcome dinner will be waiting for you, in this unique place. Accommodation.
*Your plane should land at 9am at the latest. We suggest you arrive in Puerto Montt the previous day and spend the night in Puerto Varas. As a third alternative, you can fly to Bandurrias Island via helicopter.
Day 2: Bandurrias Island – Bariloche
After a delicious and filling breakfast, we will sail across Las Rocas Lake by boat to reach the Chilean border where we will carry out the necessary immigration formalities to continue the journey. A boat will be waiting for us to ascend the rapids that form the border between the two countries. On the Argentinean side we will have a short voyage to the dock of Lake Puelo. A private transfer will take us to the town of El Bolson, where we will stop for lunch and re-energize. Transfer to Hotel in Bariloche.
Day 3: Bariloche
After a delicious breakfast, transfer to local airport.
|Value of the program per passenger
- Rates valid during 2013- March 2014
- Rates subject to the variations of the market
- You can arrange extra nights to explore the city of Bariloche and also if you wish to stay one extra night in Las Bandurrias Island.
- You can return to Buenos Aires or Santiago by plane (contact us for availability)
- You can return to Chile via Lake crossing if you want to.
Optional private helicopter from Puerto Varas to La Colina farm: USD 3.300 (Price per person will depend on the number of people, maximum 6 people)
- Private transfers on arrival and departure
- 1 night full accommodation in Las Bandurrias Island
- 1 night accommodation in Hotel in Bariloche, Cacique Inacayal or similar. Breakfast included.
- 1 Picnic lunch on day 1
- 1 lunch in a restaurant on day 2
- VHF radio communication during the course
- Local guides with packhorses
- Leader Guide
Prices Do Not Include
- Domestic and/or international flights
- Personal insurance
- Tips for driver and guide
- Any item not mentioned in the itinerary
- Additional night